WE GROOM ALL BREEDS- DOGS AND CATS!
When you come to Animal Attraction for a full service groom and styling you will get a service above the standard! We will first evaluate your pets skin and coat and work with you to decide on a style that fits your pets condition and your preferences. Pets are priced by breed. We can give you the base price for your pet over the phone which includes all of the following EXCEPT removing mats.
- Clip and file nails ( we only clip cat's nails)
- Remove hair from ear canals when necessary
- Remove any mats from coat using either clippers, thinning shears and brush, or conditioner, brush, and dryer....depending on the severity of the matting
( A note on matting: Mats are tangles. Sometimes they will brush out easily with a brush and conditioner, but not always. When they are too tight they hurt your pet. They pull at their skin and brushing them out can be very painful. We WILL NOT brush out a severely matted pet--it is not fair to them and to top it all off the coat will be very damaged after being dematted. Within a short time your pets coat will be matted again. I would always choose to save a coat whenever it is possible without hurting your pet, but it honestly is just not possible sometimes. )
-A thorough bathing procedure including:
a clarifying bath which whitens and brightens, removes chemical build-up, grease and grime
a moisturizing bath with a maintenance shampoo that is mild, tearless, and soothing
a concentrated, tearless facial to help remove tear stains and tear matter, food in mustaches and the natural grease that settles around the ear area
a leave-in or rinse out conditioner depending on your pets skin and coat condition, both of which make your pets coat feel like a dream, help with skin problems, reduce static, and repel dirt.
- When necessary we will use an amazing solution by Coat Handler that helps severe yeast, bacteria, odor (feces and skunk), and flea problems
-When done bathing every pet will get their ears cleaned with an alcohol free, soothing ear wash. This will clean out any wax and grime and also flush the ears to ensure that no water dripped in and was trapped during the bath
-Every pet will get a tooth and gum gel applied which helps to break down plaque, soothes gum's, and freshens breath!
- A proper blow dry for your pets coat type
- Then your pet is ready for styling! This phase will vary greatly on the breed and your preferences.
Our pet stylists have extensive knowledge of AKC breed standards, various pet trims, mixed and designer breed trims, hand scissoring, carding, and deshedding procedures.
* If any of our normal procedures stress your pet to a point we feel is dangerous for either your pet or ourselves we will stop, let you know about it and give you some options for getting that procedure completed.
We use The Coat Handler line of products---please follow the link on our site to read all about their unbelievable, all natural products!
We use Envirogroom Natural Green ear cleaner made with witch hazel, aloe, and tea tree oil.
We take the care of your pet very serious!
We will never leave your pet unattended on a grooming table or in a tub.
We will never use a "choker" type loop on your pet when he/she is on the table.
We will most likely never kennel dry your pet at all, but if we do feel it's necessary, it will never be with any heated type of dryer. There are some pets that are so scared of the blow dryer so we will be getting in a mild, non-heating ,dryer for kennel drying these pets.
We will always stop any procedure if it becomes dangerous due to the stress level and or behavior of your pet.
We will always stay calm and help your pet in the event of an emergency.